In This Episode, We Talk About Becoming Financially Fit.
Here is a little bit more about our guest, Rachel King.
"My name is Rachel King, and I am a wife, health, and finance coach, and group fitness instructor. I am passionate about empowering women to find their confidence, unleash their true potential, and become “financially fit.”
I graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Science in accounting and have worked in corporate finance as a payroll specialist for a government contracting business for the past several years.
My vision is to be an encourager, teacher, and leader to others as they work towards finding a healthy balance with their finances. I have a strong desire to help women become good stewards of money and relieve the tension financial burdens can often bring."
"I live in a small town just north of Birmingham, Alabama with my husband, Jordan, and our two dogs. We stay involved with various church and community outreach activities. In our spare time, we love to go hiking, go out on the lake, check out local restaurants, attend sporting events, and of course, spend time with our family and friends."
- Dive into the numbers.
- She recommends using a simple excel spreadsheet or even better, Google Sheets.
- This takes just a couple of hours, but it is worth it and very eye opening
- Prioritize your spending
- Build an emergency fund
- Over time, the goal should be to save 3-6 months of your expenses
- Set up an auto distribute from your paycheck
- Set up a separate saving account for this.
- Get on the same page with your spouse.
- Have a conversation when emotions are not high
- If you don't communicate about money, you are leaving the door open for Satan to come into your marriage.
- Ask for help
- Work with a professional to set up goals and help walk you through the process of reaching them.
More of Rachel's Wisdom
Favorite Career Books:
by Michael Hyatt and Daniel Harkavy
Resource or tool that keeps you in balance:
Google sheets and Google Docs
Connecting with Rachel
Facebook: Rachel King
Other Links From This Episode
Want to grow in your leadership? Have a bigger impact? Click here to get my free Leadership Excellence training!