In This Episode, We Look At Habits and Systems To Maximize Productivity At Work
This is episode three of a 3 part series on life systems. We talk about creating your SOP's (Standard Operating Practices) for your work/career. As you begin to create or adjust your own systems, the big thing to remember is this:
- Be clear on your vision and goals for your career and work life
- Develop SOP's that will help get you to where you want to go
- Try systems until you find one that will work for you.
Example of How I Set Up My Work Day:
- Print out calendar for the day.
- Highlight important things
- Look for and identify white space
- Ask "What do I owe to others?"
- Ask "What will make me feel successful?"
- Make a brain dump list on the back of my printed calendar.
- Everything thing that is floating around in the mind....write down on paper
- Identify what can be done quickly and if possible just do them. IF there are too many of those things, look at the white space on the calendar and plan a power hour. Highlight it on the calendar and use the same color to highlight the tasks.
- Identify what can be delegated and send an email to delegate them.
- Identify what needs to go on the Trello board.
- Open up the Trello Boards
- Add new task from brain dump list
- Assign tasks to the white spots in the calendar
When planning your day, it's important to remember: The task will expand to the time you allow for it.
Links From This Episode:
Learn more about our membership! Life Balance is a membership based system that will equip you to get clear about your goals for all areas of your life and build a plan to get there. It's like the ultimate planner, with training and accountability. Check it out!