In This Episode, We Look At Personal Habits For Success
This is episode one of a 3 part series on life systems. We talk about the importance of morning and nightly routines to set yourself up for personal success. Below are the routines discussed in this episode. As you begin to create or adjust your own routines, the big thing to remember is this:
- Create a vision for your life
- Decide on habits that will help get you there
- Interrupt habits that will keep you from getting there
- I wake up super early, before 5am...Usually 4 or 4:30.
- First thing I do is brush my teeth, then chug a bottle of water while my coffee is brewing (mmm...coffee)
- Then I have some Bible/Prayer Time. I start my time off with reading then prayer. Having this be structured as really helped me stick to it and keep my mind from wandering. To get into that habit, I recommend Whispers of Hope by Beth Moore (link below)
- During my prayer time, I journal. I start with giving praise to God, then repentance, then acknowledgements (this is like affirmations), then I pray for others and lastly myself.
- After prayer time, I set a timer for 15 minutes and get some work out of the way. Check emails, look at the calendar for the day. I use the daily planner for our membership site, Life Balance. This helps me pick three things a day to move me closer to my goals and one thing that will help me feel most successful.
- When the timer goes off, it's time for a workout. 30-minute circuit to get a good sweat.
- Then it's time to get ready for the day.
- Spa time-Wash face and brush teeth. Make an effort to make this an experience. Play some music and take care of myself.
- Spray the bed with Lavender spray
- Then I take a melatonin spray to help me sleep well
- Set out what I will need in the morning (like workout gear)
- Set the sleep timer app and off to dream land.
Links From This Episode:
Support this podcast by shopping on Amazon using this link: http://yourliferocks.com/amazon