SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW BY CLICKING A BUTTON BELOW
Have you found a career yet? And is it fulfilling you, allowing you to use your gifts and perhaps to even further the Kingdom of God? As a working mom, it can be really hard sometimes to find career guidance from a Christian perspective. We firmly believe that you can further the kingdom of God, regardless of where you are. And that God can use you, regardless of where he has planted you.
We have an expert guest, Janine Esbrand, with us today and we will be talking all about career. I am really excited about today's interview, as I was able to ask Janine some questions about the subject of careers that I have seen come up in our community. So, on the show today, we will be tackling topics that relate to how to handle a change in career with your family, how to present the change to your family, how to figure out where your strengths lie and move through everything smoothly. Listen in to find out more.
Janine is the founder of Lightbox Coaching, a coaching and consulting company which helps ambitious women to rise in their careers, beyond motherhood. Janine has an LLB Law degree from City University in London. After obtaining her degree, she worked at a Manhattan-based law firm in New York for a year. Upon returning to the UK, she trained and qualified as a corporate lawyer at a leading UK firm. After four years of practicing as a corporate lawyer, she moved into a sole legal counsel role at an International Fuel Company. Alongside her career, Janine trained as a life and career coach, to be able to help others on a more personal level. She loves spending time with her family, podcasting, and traveling! Janine really knows what it is like to grow her career, set goals, have ambition and get it all done! Listen in today to find out what she has to share about balancing your career ambition with having a family!
Verse of the day:
I Corinthians 15:58 “Therefore, my brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourself fully to the work of the Lord because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.”
- How Janine sees balance in her life.
- Getting a healthy perspective on what balance looks like.
- Why its really important to find fulfillment in the work you do- especially if you're a working mom.
- What led to Janine to becoming a career coach.
- Figuring out your ideal career-What are your God-given talents? It can sometimes be hard to identify them.
- Take an online strength-finder assessment- you can try The Strengths Finder or Strength Profile.
- How to stand out as a candidate for a job.
- Using job-crafting to find your strengths.
- Sometimes a little change can make all the difference!
- Some ways to really increase your impact.
- Looking for opportunities to use your strengths.
- Ways to best manage a career transition with your family.